At Andrew de Verteuil, Inc. (the “Firm”), I respect your privacy. That is why I have developed The Andrew de Verteuil, Inc. Privacy Code of which the objective is to specify the Firm’s guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
The Firm Privacy Code was developed to comply with the relevant portions of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). I have drafted The Firm Privacy Code to facilitate my compliance with this new legislation and to demonstrate my commitment to protecting your personal information.
I have also developed The Andrew de Verteuil, Inc. Privacy Protection Pledge. I want you to understand the purposes for which I collect personal information. I also want to make certain that I have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
The following is a brief synopsis of my privacy practices:
Why do I need to collect your personal information?
If you are a Firm client, the Firm may have collected some basic information about you. I respect your privacy, which is why I collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- As contact information by a representative of the Firm only
- For the purposes of delivering services, as requested by the client
When do I disclose personal information?
There is a variety of circumstances where I may need to disclose some personal information about my clients. Here are some examples:
- To the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia, for practice review purposes
- To the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, for practice review purposes
How do I protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, the Firm:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
I would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to me.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about my personal information management system, please contact the Firm Privacy Officer at (604)638-6964 or via email@example.com. Otherwise, I will assume that we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above and in a manner consistent with The Firm Privacy Code.
Please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s web site at http://www.privcom.gc.ca.